Monday, June 26, 2006

View from the Road

Off the dunes and back into the muck. That's how the Monday after vacation feels. It sucks pure and simple. Give me another day with the breezes of Montauk, the long empty beach, and a comfortable hoodie. Brother G-Balls and I were swimming in the heated pool across from the still very cold waters of the Atlantic and we agreed, "Ah yes, these are the Salad Days," before he beaned me with a sopping pool toy. We tried our best to ignore politics, although we did agree that the rain the last few days was definitely caused by a bunch of Haitian terrorists out to ruin our good time. I'm glad I was on vacation and could ignore the news coverage of that joke. I was too busy sleeping and eating foods that are very, very bad for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home