Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Listening To...

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass and it sends me right back to my childhood. I can smell the meat cooking in the broiler. Yes, in the soundtrack of my life, HA & the TB is what the family fondly calls “Steak Music”. My Mom and Dad had half a dozen HA albums and seemed compelled to play them whenever London Broil, Roast Beef, or Sirloin was on the menu (which was usually a Saturday or Sunday night). Even as a kid I loved the music; the six of us would pretend to be bullfighters and gore each other all over the living room. I distinctly remember the famous “Whipped Cream” album cover and writing “Woo Woo” in pencil near the bride’s frothily covered boobie. As I got older Herb and the boys faded into the background but came back with a vengeance in the 90s with my lounge music fixation (which continues to this day I might add). At one particularly memorable Christmas party, “Whipped Cream and Other Delights” served as the background to one extremely drunken but extremely funny home version of “The Dating Game”. I also seem to recall my best friend using her jacket as a cape in accompaniment of “The Lonely Bull” during the cocktail hour at my brother’s wedding. Hmm. I think there are picture of that somewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger fu said...

that was me man I want my props

9:49 AM  
Blogger Moxie said...

Did you write woo-woo

11:24 AM  
Blogger fu said...

i don't know,I was 5 years old, did I? I know for sure that I scratched the crap out of the cover trying to see some boobie. Mmmm sweet album cover chick

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home