Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mini-Lebowski Bowl-a-Rama in the Big Bad City

How many people do you know that would drag their sorry middle-ages asses out of a warm and cozy house on a rainy and windy day in Connecticut to make a hellacious drive into NYC all to go bowling?? Well, yes, that would be us...me, the betrothed and the infamous Teddy V. Well worth the trip though I must say, all in tribute to the Coen Brothers' best bowling movie. The lanes were inside the Port Authority. Inside the Port Authority! Okay, anyone who doesn't know Manhattan doesn't really know what that means -- it's like putting a bowling alley inside of the world's biggest Greyhound Terminal-slash-Train Station. It's the kind of place that doe-eyed farm-fed Midwestern kids get "befriended" at when they step off the bus from Keekukuk Iowa thinking because they've played Erminguard Vandegelder in their high school production of "Hello Dolly" that they're ready to make it on the Great White Way. Except Guido the Killer Pimp spots their fresh-faced asses and the next thing you know they're on HBO's "Real Sex" or, as Teddy V reminded me as we drove past Hunts Point, "Hookers at the Point."

Still, the bowling was tres fun. I bowled like crap. I always do. I absolutely suck.

3 Comments:

Blogger ifyaskme said...

You don't actually suck, you are 'out of practice'. Yet, I happened to win all of the games. It's good to be the KING.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sober sam beats drunken rabble. I will destroy you next time, I'm gonna get one of those wrist straightener things. then lookout!

10:11 AM  
Blogger ifyaskme said...

I KNEW that stopping drinking was good for something !!!!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home