Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Little Caution Please....


The good news is that Ned is now leading Holy Joe in the polls by 13 points. Joe's even responding to the bad numbers with a little GOP two step... saying things like, "Well, yeah I supported the war but I always had my doubts about the way it was being handled. I just never said anything but I wrote it all down in my diary and I'll show you if you want". Okay, I added that last bit. But seriously, that's what he's saying.

Why then do I have a pit in my stomach the size of (appropriately enough) Florida when I think about the November elections and the Dems chances for taking both houses? Do we really think that the GOP is just going to "let" this happen. That this crowd is truly going to let the "will of the people" decide who is going to chart the course of the nation? Bush & Co. are clearly not the type of boys who play nicey-nicey in the sandbox. It's documented that they're pretty good at stealing elections. We know that. So I'm sorry folks, but a little really well place caution is called for right about now. One Pissed Off Liberal backs me up on some of this and while I don't agree with all of OPOL's views, I gotta say that this is no time to start popping champagne corks.

Bush & Co. have already shown a disgracefully arrogant disregard for the Constitution, the Geneva Convention, etc. Do you really think they'd stop at circumventing term limits? You think the Big Dick and his playmates are just going to allow a bunch of Dems to sweep into office and start taking apart their playscape? I have my doubts...and they scare the crap out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home